- Click the question to see the answer
- Why hire your entertainers?
- How long have you been in business?
- How much do you charge?
- Do you offer a guarantee?
- Do you send a contract?
- Do you require a deposit?
- Do you accept credit cards?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- How do I know the performer will show up?
- How far ahead should I book?
- How much should I tip the performer?
Click the question again to close the answer or just click another question.
Since Magic Man Entertainment is an extension of the Packards' offerings rather than a large independent talent agency, you get sincere personal service and we do not charge you high percentage surcharges on top of our subcontractors' fees.
We work only with professional performers who we know will represent us well and we ask them for only a small discount to cover our administrative costs, so you can get Atlanta's favorite family entertainers at uninflated prices.
More than 25 years - 31 years, 2 months, and 3 days to be exact! Owner Bill Packard began entertaining full-time with magic and balloon twisting, as The Magic Man, at Underground Atlanta in 1989.
Bill's Magic Man Entertainment company quickly expanded into a booking agency, engaging his wife and daughter, as well as providing opportunities for other professional magicians and variety artists in the Metro Atlanta area.
Performers' rates vary, depending on the type of activity and the entertainer's reputation.
For higher rates, we obtain the services of the most outstanding entertainers in the Atlanta area. These are skilled, talented, trained, full-time professionals with established reputations, who have the ability to customize their presentations with scripting, costumes, and props. Many are multi-skilled, and can vary the activities at a given venue.
For moderate rates, we engage full-time professionals, or substantial part-timers with several years' experience. These are mainstream entertainers who work a lot and enjoy what they do, with consistently high standards, at competitive pricing.
For lower rates, if necessary to accommodate a smaller budget, we can provide "generic" entertainers (amateurs, part-timers, apprentices, students, and hobbyists) who may not be as efficient and entertaining as those in the other categories, but will still get the job done.
Please allow us to work with you to obtain an appropriate entertainment package based on your needs and your budget.
Bill's Personal Guarantee: All shows by the Magic Man himself (Bill Packard) and Miss Tammy are guaranteed. If you don't feel like you got your money's worth in service and entertainment, you pay nothing! Regarding our subcontractors, recognizing that their rates vary according to their skill levels, we likewise guarantee that you at least "get what you pay for" and then some!
Yes, we send a contract, agreement, or confirmation for every engagement and ask that you sign and return it. This is not for legal purposes, but to make sure that the details are accurate and complete, to avoid misunderstandings and confusions that can creep in by other methods of communication.
Usually. To secure the date, we request (but do not demand, except for events subject to the weather) either a deposit ($50 for birthday parties, 50% for larger events) or credit card information to keep on file. This is to allow both you and us to proceed with confidence that the agree-upon plans will be followed through. The check is not deposited nor the credit card charged until AFTER the party.
Yes, we can receive payment by VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express, as well as PayPal, cash and check.
We trust that you will engage our services with good intentions. We will try to accommodate any changes that are absolutely necessary, including cancellation, but if the show is canceled after the confirmation call during the week of the party, and cannot be rescheduled with the same performer, we will keep the deposit (or charge your credit card the equivalent), to compensate the performer for his commitment to your event.
IF THE SUCCESS OF YOUR EVENT DEPENDS ON THE WEATHER, YOU SHOULD HAVE A BACK-UP PLAN IN PLACE!
A representative of Magic Man Entertainment will contact you during the week prior to the party to reconfirm the details and to exchange emergency phone numbers. If the performer has a family, health, or vehicle emergency, we would expect him to let us know, and we will make every effort to arrange for a substitute from our roster of associate performers.
The sooner the better, of course, as we schedule events on a first-come, first-served basis. For most events, at least 30 days is recommended, as the closer to the event date, the less likely your preferred entertainer will be available. After exchanging information, if you request it, we will hold the date for you for 48 hours. In the meantime, if the performer receives another invitation that conflicts with yours, we will contact you first to give you the opportunity to commit.
Tips are always appreciated, of course, but never expected. If you feel that the performer went above and beyond your expectations, we'll leave that to you to decide if want to thank them with a gratuity. The performer probably won't be offended by your offer!
Any other questions? Just use the form below and ask away!
Just tell us a little about the event you're planning and we'll find you the best types of family entertainers. We do all the work for you. We're very picky about quality, so you know you'll get the best entertainment for your budget!
Tell us about your event...* required
• • • • • • • • • •
- Here's what our clients say about
Magic Man Entertainment
- Breakfast with Santa was a success again this year... It was a breeze to work with you guys and I'm looking forward to it again next year.
Chelsea Hindes, Marketing Coordinator, Buckhead Life Restaurant Group (103 West)
- Thank you for all of your artist's time, energy and effort during the CSO Children's Concert... Children and parents alike thoroughly enjoyed the entire event... amazed by all that was going on.
Brian Hermanson, Executive Director, Cobb Symphony Orchestra
- Tammy and Nicki were absolutely fabulous... their attitudes and way with the kids is just the best... I will definitely recommend you all to anyone and everyone I can.
Ingrid Kuegeman, Public Programs Manager, Atlanta Botanical Garden
- I loved that the children were entertained, surprised and educated.
Susan Irwin, Youth Services Librarian, Vinings library
- We thoroughly enjoyed having you entertain at our Chick-fil-A School Nights... You're great at what you do.
Barbara C. Rocha, Unit Marketing Director, Chick-fil-A, Alpharetta
- ... we were very pleased and would use your services again.
Jane Knox, Alumni Director, Pace Academy
- I would recommend Bill Packard's Magic Man and Tammy to anybody. I plan on using you guys again for our next Fall Festival.
Gretchen Vislusky, Social Co-Chair, Hembree Grove Subdivision, Roswell
- Is always a pleasure doing business with you, and the kids are always very happy and they talk about Jonn's birthdays for months.
- Bill Packard and the Seven Wonders of the World Magic Show... had something for everyone.
Annette Jenkins, Washington Park Branch library, Atlanta, GA
- It was good & very much worth the price.
Debbie Phillips, Towns County library, Hiawassee
- Everything was fun & interactive. A real treat!
Kindergarten teacher, Atkinson Elementary, Newnan, GA
- Bill was very inspiring.... unique in that he incorporated science and social studies through fun activities.
Audrey Mays, Children's Activities Director, Monroe County library
- ... one of the best programs I have seen this summer.
Leah Germon, Fairburn library, Fairburn, GA
- Of all the programs I've had this summer, this is the one that PARENTS & children (not just kids) raved about.
Shannon Duffy, Sandy Springs library
- ... very professional, detail oriented, self-sufficient and nice to work with.
Vicky LaJesse, Stewart-Lakewood library
- I appreciate your professionalism, hard work, and dedication. Every time I contact you for assistance, you are always so accommodating and professional.... Magic Man Entertainment is my company of choice
Vicky Jaksic, Children's Department Manager, Roswell Regional library, Roswell, GA
- You went above and beyond the theme and the program was a great success.
Denise Barbour, Youth Services Librarian, Mechanicsville library
- Maybe Bill should write an entire musical for Broadway!
Garret Van Essen, Central library, Baltimore, MD
- ... very entertaining and engaging.
4th grade teacher, Atkinson Elementary, Newnan, GA
- Well done show!
Patrician Marks, Youth Services Librarian, Peachtree Branch
- Book him and enjoy!
Emanuel S. Mitchell, Children's Librarian, Ponce de Leon
- This program was the most appropriate for the theme that we have had thus far.
April Johnson, Braselton library
- We loved it and so did the kids. A+++
Tierney Colavito (Easter Egg Hunt)
- ... very professional and prompt about all communications.
Kit Bloom, Enoch Pratt library System, Baltimore, MD
- The children thoroughly enjoyed it.
2nd grade teacher, Atkinson Elementary, Newnan, GA
- The ladies did an excellent job, and we appreciate their professionalism and enthusiasm.
Michael Johnson, Everest Medical Institute
- I received many excellent comments from the parents after the show.
Teresa P. Haymore, Fannin County Public library, Blue Ridge, GA
- ... educational and entertaining, featuring a variety of formats.
Patricia Edwards, Jefferson County library, Louisville, GA
- ... mix of comedy with education is a real winner.
Vanessa Slaton, Cleveland Avenue Branch library
- ... in an entertaining way that captured the interest of elementary level students
Anne L. Grace, Elbert County library, Elberton, GA
- ... lot of interesting information in a fun format!
Cathy Hope, East Atlanta Branch library, Atlanta, GA
- You did a great job with the whole show.
Mark Braddy, Jefferson County library, Louisville, GA
- The students were engaged, and content was applicable to the curriculum.
5th grade teacher, Atkinson Elementary, Newnan, GA
- Very interactive and engaging.
Terra Cribbs, Northeast library
- ... great job of presenting and explaining difficult scientific concepts in a fun & educational way
Gloria Bartas, Canton library, Baltimore, MD
- ... inspired even the most misbehaved kids to listen and participate.
Mary Spencer, Statham Public library, Statham, GA
- ... highly recommended program.
Vanessa Slaton, Cleveland Avenue Ray L. Yancy, Sr. library
- Your company was awesome!... We would love to have you guys again.
Lauren Biggs and Diane Bromelow, Co-Chairs Buddy Walk
- Bill was on time, easy to get ahold of... The kids responded well
Jessica Henderson, Hapeville Branch
• • • • • • • • • •
- Library Shows
- Face Painters
- Balloon Twisters
- Caricature Artists
- Trade Shows & Conventions
- Corporate Parties
- Wedding Receptions
- Bar/Bat Mitzvahs
- Birthday Parties
- Anniversary Celebrations
- College/School Events
- Grand Openings/Promotions
- and many more!
- AND MORE...
Magic is one of the most versatile forms of entertainment available. Presented in many different styles and formats, magicians fit in with just about any venue and theme.
Walk-around or Strolling Magic
Perfect for receptions, cocktail parties, hospitality suites, and restaurants. Working out of pocket or from a small briefcase, the entertainer performs magical effects using small items such as cards, coins, rope, and borrowed items as he moves among the guests to entertain a few people at a time. Great for "breaking the ice" as they socialize, or at their tables as they wait for their meal.
This type of magic show is presented in an organized format in a stationary location, usually working from a stand up or sit down table. Close-up shows are an excellent choice for birthday parties, fund raisers, dinner parties, family get-togethers, wedding parties, trade shows and other social gatherings as a memorable highlight of the event. Comedy magic is perfect for entertaining a group of young or mature party-goers, as the hilarity and audience partipation amuse and captivate the very young, and the magical effects and sleight of hand amaze and impress the older children and adults. This being an intimate event, it is easy to bring extra attention to the birthday child (even a shy one), the host, or company representative.
Small Stage or Cabaret Shows
Just the thing for small business gatherings, night clubs, schools, libraries, social organizations, and trade shows. Developed for larger audience, these shows require props that are big enough for everyone to see, a PA system so everyone can hear, amazing magical effects that people of all ages can appreciate, and the use of audience volunteers to encourage interaction among family, friends, co-workers, or prospects. The content is often customized to fit a theme or a message. An organized magic show can top off a company dinner, provide a change of pace at a business meeting, or offer a pleasant distraction for spouses and children.
Designed for large rooms, such as banquet halls, theaters, and gymnasiums, these shows typically include a backdrop, a professional sound system, music, special effects, lighting, and large illusions involving volunteers (such as CEO, company representative, or host) and/or professional assistants.
Yes, you could get a friend or a young teen to volunteer for your event if you only expect mediocre results. For the best, our face painters are talented, personable, entertaining, and experienced!
We can paint everyone's face - kids and adults alike! If the party is small, the guests can come back to get their arms and hands decorated, too. Or hire one of our multi-talented artists who can also twist balloons.
Face painting is a great activity to enhance the atmosphere at a festive event and because it is very popular, you may want to hire multiple artists to keep your guests who are waiting their turn from missing out on the rest of the festivities.
Show your appreciation to your clients and staff at a company picnic, or promote your business to family audiences at a festival or trade show by attracting attention to your booth.
Sell tickets in exchange for face painting or attract an audience to your fundraising event by simply promoting that face painting will be one of the activities included.
The kids can get their faces painted while waiting for their food, and the added attraction gives their parents a chance to enjoy each other's company!
Balloon twisting brings out the kid in everyone! The colors, the excitement, and the animation will captivate your guests, young and old alike. They'll love watching animals, ninja outfits, wild and crazy hats, and more being created and given to them. Our twisters make them quickly and efficiently. While your guests are waiting they will be entertained enjoying the performer interacting with everybody. We generally twist sculptures that are both quick to make (1-2 minutes) and detailed enough to impress those who are watching.
Plan to give the twister enough time to make a quick sculpture for each child and a big multiple-balloon sculpture for each host. If it's a small party, hire one of our multi-talented artists who can do face painting as well.
Balloon hats and other sculptures create a festive atmosphere for large crowds. Treat your guests with their custom sculptures made on the spot. While waiting their turn, your guests will enjoy the jokes, antics, and the creativity of the performer. For large events, plan on the twister often staying after your event is over, because many people will insist on staying to get a balloon before they leave. Easier still, hire multiple artists including face painters.
Balloon twisting always creates a crowd. Attract kids, families, and onlookers to your booth at a festival or trade show. Business cards or coupons can be attached to each sculpture as they are given away.
Attract a greater attendance by promoting that balloon-twisters will be giving away their sculptures to everyone who wants one.
Balloon twisting is perfect for kid-friendly, fun restaurants for Kids Nights, Spirit Nights, etc, to attract greater attendance and to thank your regulars for their patronage. The key is to advertise ahead of time, with posters and table tents. We can help with the design if you would like.
Caricature artists create beautiful, customized drawings in a matter of minutes. Any social event where adults and familes are having a good time, such as cocktail parties, pub crawls, wedding receptions, engagement dinners, company picnics, late night graduation parties, college events, etc is a good fit for caricatures.
Perfect to bring attention to your trade show booth. Kids are enthralled, adults are entertained, and everyone leaves with a caricature as a party favor or promotional piece. Get the picture?